Re: ia64 target?

>> What is a good ia64 target?  The maintainer file currently notes:
>>
>> ia64            (--target=ia64-elf broken)
>>
>> if I try to configure that, nothing interesting happens (the GDB
>> directory didn't appear to even be created).
>>
>> Could someone suggest a better generic ia64 target that can be used to
>> build a cross debug ia64 GDB.

Kevin> How about...
Kevin>
Kevin>     --target=ia64-unknown-linux
Kevin>
Kevin> I've successfully done a configure and make with
Kevin> --target=ia64-unknown-linux on the following hosts:
Kevin>
Kevin>     i386-unknown-freebsd4.2
Kevin>     i386-unknown-netbsdelf1.5
Kevin>     i386-pc-solaris2.8
Kevin>     i686-pc-linux-gnu
Kevin>     ia64-unknown-linux

Note that all of these hosts use ELF/svr4 shared libraries.  On
others, it fails to build.  I believe all of the Linux targets suffer
from this bug.

That might be considered an OK limitation for Linux targets.  But if
we're going to have a config listed in the MAINTAINERS list so we can
use it to verify that global changes don't break builds, we have to
ensure that those configs build on all hosts.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
RedBack Networks