Re: to_query target_ops entry

Doug Evans wrote:

> Is the intendend usage of the `to_query' target_ops entry documented anywhere?
> I can kinda guess from studying kod.c:gdb_kod_query, but my guessing
> is incomplete (and often wrong).

It is just an access to query things on a target.  The main use is to access OS data independently on the type of communication channel or if the OS is remote or native.

If the target is a "remote" one (I guess it is the only one that currently implements this), a 'q' packet will be sent and the first argument (type) will be sent as a single character after the 'q'.

Other targets may do things differently, but you should get back the value (as a string) of whatever target object you have requested.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com