Re: Register group proposal

Oops.  If you think you're seeing double it is because you are :-(

The below was a draft that I didn't mean to send.  I broke this message
into two separate posts (they addressed separate issues) only to then
sent this one instead of the other two.

Could I suggest responding to the other two threads instead.

	sorry,
		Andrew

Andrew Cagney wrote:

> Nick Duffek wrote:
> >
> > On an architecture with a large register set, GDBtk's register window can
> > be difficult to read and slow to update.  Users can customize the window
> > to hide individual registers, but that's a tedious procedure.
>
> Much thanks for posting this.  It is at a level that makes discussion
> easy.
>
> > Therefore, users would benefit from being able to switch easily between
> > register subsets.
> [...]
> > Whoever ports GDB to a particular architecture is likely to have a good
> > idea of what register groupings would be useful.
>
> I definitly agree with the idea.  I've several generic and some specific
> thoughts.
>
> --
>
> Per other e-mail.  I think this interface is bound to the ``frame''.  It
> is the frame, and not regcache, that determines the current
> architecture.  With that in mind, I suspect that the implementation
> would end up looking like:

.
.
.