Re: GDB 5.0 testsuite failures

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for posting this.  I appreciate seeing gdb test results from diverse
architectures.

function has floating point parameters or a floating point return value,
the call will not work.

There are probably some more minor bugs but I can't tell from the gdb.sum
file.

BTW, please note that the test run produces a "gdb.sum" file and a "gdb.log"
file.  The "gdb.log" file has a lot more information and it's a better file
to put up for ftp, rather than capturing the output of "make check".

Michael Elizabeth Chastain
<chastain@redhat.com>
"love without fear"

  ERROR: 26

    23 errors in gdb.stabs/weird.exp
      These look harmless; your assembler does not like .stabs directives.

    3 errors from 'make' at the end of the run
      More fluff.

  WARNING: 3

    1 warning in gdb.base/corefile.exp
      'can't generate a core file' -- does not look like a gdb problem

    2 warnings in gdb.stabs/weird.exp
      Yeah, we know it doesn't like stabs.

  FAIL: 224

    190 fails in gdb.stabs/weird.exp
      Will this test case shut up already?!

    7 fails in gdb.base/callfwmall.exp
      These are all related to calling functions with floating point
      parameters or floating point return values.  This looks like a
      real bug in gdb.

    7 fails in gdb.base/callfuncs.exp
      These are all related to calling functions with floating point
      parameters or floating point return values.  This looks like a
      real bug in gdb.

    5 fails in gdb.c++/ovldbreak.exp
      I would need to see gdb.log to tell whether this is a real bug or not.

    3 fails in gdb.threads/pthreads.exp
      Compiler can't find pthreads library so all these tests fail.

    2 fails in gdb.base/commands.exp
      One of these is a known bug in the test script (gnats gdb/14).
      The other looks like a bug in gdb.

    2 fails in gdb.base/break.exp
      I don't know anything about these failures.

    1 fail  in gdb.base/varargs.exp
      This is another call-to-function with floating point parameters.

    1 fail  in gdb.base/signals.exp
      This is marked as 'known SV4 bug'.  It may mean that 'next' will
      not work on your machine and we can't fix it.

    1 fail  in gdb.base/selftest.exp
      I don't know anything about this failure.

    1 fail  in gdb.base/interrupt.exp
      I don't know anything about this failure.

    1 fail  in gdb.base/annota1.exp
      I don't know anything about this failure.