Re: Does GDB 5.0 for ARM-THUMB target don't supports calling stubs ?

Joel Brenner <joel.brenner@tchip.com> wrote:

> GDB 5.0 has problem to debug code with calling stubs. If I do a step and
> when the next instruction is a calling stub inserted by the linker gdb
> hangs.
> Are there options to say to gdb that I'm working with code with calling
> stubs?
> tanks joel brenner

I had the same problem with GDB 4.17 (PE-COFF).

To sort it out I modified the arm_skip_stub() and arm_in_call_stub()
functions in arm-tdep.c to teach GDB about the peculiarities of the
stubs/trampolines generated by the toolchain I'm using.

These functions are called by the core GDB via the
IN_SOLIB_CALL_TRAMPOLINE() and SKIP_TRAMPOLINE_CODE() macros.

Symbian Limited (Co.No.3173352) Registered Office: Sentinel House, 16 Harcourt Street, London, W1H 4AD, UK.
This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify postmaster@symbian.com and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Symbian does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occuring to this message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance with Symbian corporate policy.