Re: changelog rotation...

> From: jtc@redback.com (J.T. Conklin)
> Date: 15 Jan 2001 14:12:52 -0800

> >> I actually like the split-by-year scheme.  This tends to place about
> >> the right number of entries in each file regardless of whether there
> >> are six months or two years between GDB releases.
>
> Eli> Why is this important to have ChangeLog files be of similar sizes?
>
> IMO, ChangeLogs should have sufficent information density yet not be
> so large that they are difficult to use.

Splitting by version will satisfy the first requirement, while not
necessarily contradicting the second.  (I consider a 500KB file to not
be ``too large''.  YMMV.)

Anyway, I think we need a definitive say-so at this time (Andrew?),
because something has to be done to get the CVS sources be usable for
the DJGPP port again.

I will go along with whatever verdict The Powers That Be will issue.
That includes any work that needs to be done if one of my suggestions
for a different split method is accepted: I'm prepared to do it.