Re: Readline and -DMINIMAL

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 04:30:19AM -0800, Todd Whitesel wrote:
>I have just discovered to my horror that the upgrade to Readline 2.2 in
>GDB 4.18 has completely eradicated support for the MINIMAL #define, and
>provides no alternative -- it simply assumes BSD style ttys and falls
>over dead if those aren't supported.
>
>Does anyone know the story on this one?  Is there a stub library that
>is used for Cygwin and DJGPP ?  I noticed a specific hack for cygwin
>that simply assumes libtermcap.a, I suppose this is a B20 invention.
>
>I really do not want to hack all the #ifdef MINIMAL stuff back in, but
>since I build direct on windows I need to shut up all the code that tries
>to use sgtty or termios.

You should probably send this email to the readline maintainer.  The
readline in gdb 4.18 has, I believe, the most recent version of readline
available when it was released.  The readline directory in CVS is version
4.0 with changes from Eli Zaretskii (I hope he also notified the readline
maintainer about these) to get things working on DJGPP.

cgf