Re: A patch for gnu-regex

   Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:10:30 -0800
   From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>

   It is almost entirely a Linux issue since we are the only one who
   has the master copy of regex in our C library.

What about the Hurd?

   I can add --enable-gdb-regex if it helps.

If we decide to do so, could we then try to be consistent with other
GNU packages that already let the user choose between the regex
implementation distributed with that package, and the implementation
in the C library, and us --with(out)-included-regex?

See for example m4/regex.m4 in the snapshots of GNU text-utils on
alpha.gnu.org.

Mark