Re: Patches for GNU/Linux PPC native now in CVS

Hi Kevin B.

> > Everything was working fine until I decided to rerun the program
> > from within gdb without removing my shared library breakpoints
> > first.
>
> Does it work if you disable your shared library breakpoints first?

I just tried it again (repeatedly) and I could not recreate the problem at all
either way (with or without disabling breakpoints first).  Now gdb just
politely disables the breakpoints it can't enable in shared libraries and I
just manually enable them later.

So I think this problem is caused either by stack/memory corruption or some
variable not being initialized properly.  It seems to be quite random.

I will keep playing with gdb and the jdk and let you know what is up.  If it
happens again, I will definitely try to get a pure c program that exhibits the
same problems.

> BTW, I just fixed one of the bugs (there were actually two separate bugs)
> which was causing one of the shared library tests to fail.  I'll commit
> this fix later on today, but I doubt it will solve your problem.

I will update my cvs tree tomorrow.

Again thanks for all your help.  I just need to play around with it some more
under native threads to make sure some of the old problems have not cropped
back up.

Overall a very big improvement!

Thanks,

Kevin

--
Kevin B. Hendricks
Associate Professor of Operations and Information Technology