Re: Patches for GNU/Linux PPC native now in CVS

On Feb 22,  9:49pm, Kevin Hendricks wrote:

> Here is my first bug report.  This is with gdb from today's cvs
> (after your later commit) debugging a problem with Motif Drag-n-Drop
> in the jdk under native threads.
>
> Everything was working fine until I decided to rerun the program
> from within gdb without removing my shared library breakpoints
> first.

Does it work if you disable your shared library breakpoints first?

> Here is the resulting log file.  Notice the non-existent breakpoint
> 0 and also even through I manually removed all of my breakpoints and
> tried to continue I could not do so.
>
> I hope this info helps.  The only simple test case would be to
> actually run the DDTest java program under the jdk with Motif source
> around.
>
> Let me know if you would like more info about this bug (explicit
> steps to try) and I would be happy to follow instructions.

I've seen this problem before on other platforms.  It would really be
nice to have a relatively small test case to debug this problem with.
Do you think you could whittle the problem down to something that you
could send us the source to?

It'd also be nice to incorporate such a test into the test suite.  If
you can provide me with a C program which exhibits the problem, I'll
work on the expect script to incorporate it into the test suite.  (I'll
also work on tracking down the bug and fixing it.)  Remember that we'll
need copyright assignments for anything that winds up in the test suite.

You may (or may not) find it useful to start with the shared library
tests already in the test suite.  Take a look in gdb/testsuite/gdb.base
at the files shmain.c, shr1.c, and shr2.c.

BTW, I just fixed one of the bugs (there were actually two separate bugs)
which was causing one of the shared library tests to fail.  I'll commit
this fix later on today, but I doubt it will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Kevin