Re: Another Issue for 5.0

    Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:26:39 -0800 (PST)
    From: Daniel Berlin <dan@cgsoftware.com>

    IMHO, the overload resolution for DWARF2/STABS/all non-hp platforms should
    really be fixed for 5.0.
    I have patches to do this (in fact, i'm about to send another jumbo patch
    to gdb-patches with it all combined so i don't have to keep emailing it to
    people :P), with no regressions, well, actually, that's not true.
    Some overload resolution things that were xfail before in the testsuite
    now pass.
    Sorry about that. I'll try to make sure i keep the broken things broken in
    the future. :P

    But, anyway, i get about 5-10 emails a week asking for those patches.
    Even on HP using aCC, where overload resolution works, you get benefits
    because i added support for references in overloads, and fixed a problem
    where the compares against function names were whitespace sensitive where
    they shouldn't have been (so operator [] would be considered the same
    function as operator[] when we were hunting down overloads).

    Maybe i'm biased, but anyone working on C++ programs would love it.

    I'm starting to work on other C++ language support related things, if
    anyone has any specific requests, let me know.

    --Dan

Is there a copyright assignment on file?

I'd love to look over the patch.