[GDB-MAINT] Multiple maintainers and other stuff.

Hello,

One proposal that has been put to me and I have no problems with is the
suggestion that, in addition to the maintainer for a given domain, there
should also be a second (third) person listed.  That person:

	o	is known to have expertise in the problem domain

	o	could step in and be maintainer should the
		nominated maintainer need to take a planned
		absence.

The hope is that this would increase the ability of the GDB group to
respond to problems and requests.

I should note that the first person listed remains responsible unless
they deligate responsibility.

With this in mind, I'm adding the paragraph:

+ If there are several maintainers for a given domain then the problem
+ falls to the first maintainer.  The second and third maintainers are
+ firstly known to have expertise in the given domain and secondly are
+ available to step in if the first maintainer is to be absent for any
+ reason.

--

On a hopefully adminstrative level, I've also received a few
additions/proposals:

	o	ARM, I'd like to initially put forward
		the following changes:

! arm target            Fernando Nasser         fnasser@cygnus.com
!                       Jim Ingham?             jingham@cygnus.com
!                       *Scott Bambrough        scottb@netwinder.org

+ GNU/Linux ARM native  *Scott Bambrough        scottb@netwinder.org

! sds protocol          Fernando Nasser         fnasser@cygnus.com
!                       Jim Ingham              jingham@cygnus.com
! rdi/adp protocol      Fernando Nasser         fnasser@cygnus.com
!                       Jim Ingham              jingham@cygnus.com

		The rationale is something like:

		Fernando and JimI have access to embedded arm
		hardware such as rdi et.al.  Stan no longer
		has access.

		Scott has access to ARM Linux and hence
		should pick up the native stuff and also be
		ready for the more generic arm code.

		Fernando's been activly testing the ARM stuff
		so is familar with more generic ARM issues.

		I'm open to further negotiation on these.

	o	I think J.T. should consider this:

  remote.c              Andrew Cagney           cagney@cygnus.com
!                       *J.T. Conklin           jtc@redback.com

	o	Elena's always been looking after the
		event loop:

+ event loop            Elena Zannoni           ezannoni@cygnus.com

	o	MI interface code

+ mi (gdb/mi)           Andrew Cagney           cagney@cygnus.com
+                       Elena Zannoni           ezannoni@cygnus.com
+                       Fernando Nasser         fnasser@cygnus.com

	o	What the heck, we need an ia64 maintainer:

+ ia64 target           Kevin Buettner          kevinb@cygnus.com

		http://www.redhat.com/about/2000/press_itanium.html

	o	and Nick Clifton (who posted more than one patch)
		with check-in after aproval privs:

+ Nick Clifton                                  nickc@cygnus.com