Re: Visual C++ and GDB compiling

> I can put up a gutted tarball with just the *mcc* files and the source files
> with #ifdef MCC_WIN32 hacks in them. I've started on that but it's still too
> big to fit on the ftp site. I'll send another email when that is up.

It is:

ftp://ftp.toddpw.org/private/vxgdb.tar.bz2

and is about 4.1 megs compressed, 22 megs extracted.

Due to the other thread about SECT_OFF_* I have left it mostly intact
but removed a lot of stuff we don't use for our product, and also stuff
that is irrelevant for anyone who can't build in the environment that we
and our customers use.

Some of our hacks are pretty gross, so don't expect to build a perfect GDB
with this; for example, I've been able to get solaris native GDB's to build
but there are definitely bugs.

I've been told that I can't spend a lot of time on this (or supporting it)
and the best I can do is use my other projects to move our sources closer
to something that can cvs-diff easily. Our reading of the GPL is sadly a
rather selfish one; we give full source and support to our (binary) customers,
but non-customers are out of luck unless someone here finds spare time to
help. (Ever since we bought OST and their Look! product, it has become even
harder to justify long-term expenses on GDB work. Nuff said.)

--
Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ windriver.com