Re: Visual C++ and GDB compiling

Paul Selormey wrote:

> Hello,
> Is there anyone on this list who is able to compile the GDB with Visual C++
> (any version)
> and could share the experience with me?
>
> I wish to investigate an MFC frontend to the GDB and I think a better
> control will be through
> VC++ compilation.
>
> Please help, I am completely a newbie to debugger writing and at this point
> cannot pick just
> what I need from the CVS.

The company formally known as Cygnus was doing this several years ago
(legend has it that it wasn't a plesant experience :-( ).  Since then
cygwin has become the prefered (and far easier) way of building GDB
under Windows.

To address you're actual question, in theory GDB is ISO-C so VC should
just compile it.  I'd check a copy from the CVS repository and give it
ago.  If you're looking to some sort of MFC based interface onto GDB
then perhaphs look at the UI out stuff Red Hat recently contributed.

	Andrew