Re: Linux/PPC support (was Re: Preparing for the GDB 5.0 ... release)

[cc list pruned a little]
Kevin Buettner wrote:

> When I did the gdb port for linux/ppc, I made a copy of rs6000-tdep.c
> and converted it to use the SysV ABI (along with some other linux
> specific details).  At the time, this was the right decision since I
> didn't have access to an AIX machine to build and test on.  Had I
> attempted to work directly in rs6000-tdep.c, I would almost certainly
> have broken the AIX port.  But now the situation is a bit different
> and I think the right thing to do (maintenance-wise) is to merge
> linux/ppc support into rs6000-tdep.c and (partially/minimally)
> multi-arch the thing in the process.  There will still be a separate
> ppclinux-nat.c file though.

Don't forget that the powerpc-solaris (defunct?) and powerpc-eabi
targets are both based around the SVR4 ABI (strictly speaking EABI is a
tiny bit different).  Hopefully you'll only need to worry about the
linux specific target stuff and not need to change *-tdep.c at all.
(Yea, right :-)

	Andrew