Re: GDB ftp site in hyperspace ...

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 10:48:42PM -0800, Todd Whitesel wrote:
> I just tried to ftp a fresh tarball of 4.18, but the ftp.cygnus.com site
> claims the directory has moved to sourceware, yet the /pub/gdb directory
> on sourceware appeared empty...
>
> I used the shell ftp client on solaris... What gives?

The shell ftp client on Solaris is broken.  Use another client, such as
ncftp or netscape, to browse the ftp site.  Or use another OS, say... oh
I don't know...  maybe Linux?  :-)

(I'm not joking about the Solaris ftp client being broken; I think it
will still work if there is at least one file in a given directory.  The
directory you're looking at has no files in it, only subdirectories)

Jason