Re: pathmap or dir command on drugs

David Taylor wrote:

> One camp, by comparison with breakpoints and displays, is:
>
>     pathmap <from-prefix> <to-prefix>
>     show pathmaps <optional-list>
>     delete pathmaps <optional-list>
>
> The other camp is
>
>     pathmap add <from-prefix> <to-prefix>
>     pathmap list <optional-list>
>     pathmap delete <optional-list>
>
> By further analogy with breakpoints and displays, we could also have:

Regardless of the command syntax, is there a way of doing:

	(gdb) show pathmap
	some complex-jibberish is displayed
	(gdb) set pathmap jibberish

so that the entire path map can be set using a single command (instead
of having to construct it).

Hmm, Yes ok, the directory command doesn't have an equivalent:

(gdb) show directories
Source directories searched: $cdir:$cwd
(gdb) directory /tmp
Source directories searched: /tmp:$cdir:$cwd
(gdb) set directories $cdir:/tmp:/$cwd
No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.
[[this is an error ok :-)]]
(gdb) show directories
Source directories searched: /tmp:$cdir:$cwd
(gdb)

:-(

If such an underlying mechanism then, I think, that would be more
useable GUI's (what to add to MI).  The CLI might then add a vineer that
included operations such as ``pathmap add''.

A regex operation sounds useful (if slightly more obtuse for non UNIX
die-hards).

	Andrew