Re: RDI over ethernet failure message

Shaun Jackman wrote:

> I'd be more than happy to. I've never contributed to a GNU project
> before though. Could you point me to a "new contributors" faq?
> Is it reasonable to diff against gdb-5.0 or do I need go to CVS?

I believe if you go to the gdb page at  sources.redhat.com
you'll find that information on how to contribute there.
But maybe if you look at the archives of this list (same web site)
you'll figure most of it.

As you probably going to send a very small patch for a bug fix an
assignment to FSF will not be necessary, but if you ever think of
contributing with a new feature or more substantial changes then
you'll have to go through that step.

Note that the code in the subdirectory rdi-share is not formatted
accordingly to GNU standards.  The reason is that this code was
given to gdb by ARM which was supposed to keep it updated (we never
received any updates though, and we started to fix it ourselves).
But if you need to fix things in remote-rdi.c please follow the
coding style (looking at the code in the file may be enough).

By all means, send a diff against 5.0.  I will help you merge it into
the current sources.

Thanks for the offer to help.

Fernando

--