Re: solib.c bfd_elf_get_arch_size() changes break build

>> "J.T. Conklin" wrote:
>> >
>> > The changes to solib.c to use bfd_elf_get_arch_size() break the GDB
>> > build for a.out targets that use solib.c such as NetBSD/i386 1.4.
>> >
>> > In info_sharedlibrary_command(), it appears that the intent was for
>> > bfd_elf_get_arch_size() to fail at run time on non-elf targets.
>> > However, that function/macro is not available on those targets
>> > and GDB fails to link.
>> >
>> > I've enclosed the offending part of the diff.
>>
>> Has anyone had a chance to look at this?
>>
>> Andrew

Fernando> I am getting complaints from everywhere about this.  I think
Fernando> we will have to revert this change ASAP!

The problem I was encountering has been fixed.

As I recall, Andrew moved bfd_elf_get_arch_size() from bfd/elf.c to
bfd/bfd.c, renamed it to bfd_get_arch_size(), tweaked it to work on
non-ELF systems, and then fixed up GDB to match.  Can you share any
more details wrt. the failures that have been reported?  Are they
using current sources?

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin