Re: Register Cache.

I Want to change the way GDB Caches Registers by doing the following:

1. Add a Cache Type entry so that each register can be set (via a gdb command)
to be read cached, write cached or no cache. By default it would be read/write
cache enabled as is the case now.

2. Add a command to flush GDB's knowledge of the cache.

My Questions are:

1. Does anyone have any input they would like to add to this?
2. What sort of command should they be maintenance, data or set commands.

I Would like to have commands like this:
set register-cache $r5 read
set register-cache $r5 write
set register-cache $r5 rw
set register-cache $r5 disabled

and another command

maintenance register-cache flush

This raises another question:

3. How do i look up the $r5 in the command and turn it into a register number?

I tried finding the code the interprets:
set $r5=0

to see how it did it, but it's obscure and I couldn't find it.

Steven Johnson.