Re: 'char **environ' woes with cygwin

> 162Mb, but that's not what I meant when I said "it works fine".  I
> meant gcc could handle the syntax fine.

Right.  That's what I thought you meant, too.

> If gdb wants a variable in its own data area, it should declare one
> just for that purpose.

Violently agree.

gdb would still have the problem of subtracting sbrk(0) - &global.
That worked fine in 1980 but addresses in different segments can
be relocated anywhere now.  It really should be doing:

    marker_1 = sbrk(0);
    ... compute ... compute ...
    marker_2 = sbrk(0);
    space_used = marker_2 - marker_1;