Re: GDB 5.1 TODO list

   Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 11:50:16 +1000
   From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>

   Ok,

   So here is a first cut at the things that are really on the 5.1 TODO
   list.  In previous discussions it has been suggested that for each
   release a small number of changes be identifed and completed (of course
   everyone is activly encouraged to also work on any other TODO or
   non-TODO items :-)

There are two things that I consider release-critical for Linux/x86:

* Thread support.  Right now, as soon as a thread finishes and exits,
  you're hosed.  This problem is reported once a week or so.

* Bug with rerunning programs with breakpoints in shared libs.  Citing
  what I reported in response to your query for GDB 5.0.1:

    IMHO, releasing 5.0.1 is only worth the trouble if it fixes the really
    annoying problem with rerunning programs with breakpoints in shared libs:

       http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/gdb-patches/2000-05/msg00230.html

    This patch is kind of a stopgap, but I've failed to come up with
    something better, and no-one else seems to be interested in solving
    this :-(.

  This problem probably affects all platforms with support for shared
  libraries.

Shall I add these to the TODO list?

Mark