Re: Output redirection

>From: Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com>
>To: gdb@sourceware.cygnus.com
>CC: sashang@hotmail.com
>Subject: Re: Output redirection
>Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 19:36:27 -0400
>
>On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 04:05:17PM -0700, Sashan Govender wrote:
> >Why can't I get output redirection work with gdb 4.18 (configured as
> >'i386-mingw32') using Win95?
> >This is what i do after starting gdb:
> >
> >	file testprog.exe
> >
> >	run > out.txt
>
>This kind of redirection doesn't work on Windows gdb.  Sorry.
>
> >Also does gdb separate its output from the output from the program
> >that is being debugged internally? Does it send the debugee's output
> >to another stream? As far as I can tell both outputs go to the same
> >stream (stdout), even with a new console set. I'm interested in being
> >able to separate the output from gdb from the output of program being
> >debugged because I have to write a GUI for Windows for gdb.
>
>If you are debugging a console application with the console version of
>gdb, the output goes to the same place as the gdb output.
>
>This may be different for the GUI version of gdb, though.  However, if
>you've built your own version of gdb you may not have this.  It requires
>linking in tcl/tk to run.
>
>cgf

Thanks for your help. This is something I've been bashing my head against
for a long time (months). It's a relief to know what the problem is.
However, I don't understand what you mean in your last paragraph. I know
tcl/tk is a development environment but what requires linking in it console
gdb or a GUI version of gdb?

Thanks again.