Re: That vision thing ...

Quality Quorum wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> Can we split target depended pieces into subdirs under gdb ?

From the TODO file:

  --

  Restructure gdb directory tree so that it avoids any 8.3 and 14
  filename problems.

  --

  Can the xdep files be replaced by autoconf?

  --

  Convert GDB build process to AUTOMAKE.

  See also sub-directory configure below.

  The current convention is (kind of) to use $(<header>_h) in all
  dependency lists.  It isn't done in a consistent way.

  --

  Cleanup configury support for optional sub-directories.

  Check how GCC handles multiple front ends for an example of how things
  could work.  A tentative first step is to rationalize things so that
  all sub directories are handled in a fashion similar to gdb/mi.

  See also automake above.

  --

(I've included the others as they are about eliminating xdep* and fixing
the build process).

So yes.

Exactly how to do this is another problem entirely.  Do we just
re-arange the deck chairs or look more deeply.

	Andrew