Re: does GDB support IRIX 64 bit executables?

Andrew Cagney wrote:

> robert somerville wrote:
> >
> > especially executables produced by the MIPSpro compilers
>
> Um, can you be a little bit more specific?  Which ABI and native or
> cross?  GDB internaly supports a number of MIPS ABIs, some 32 bit, some
> 64 bit and some which are suffering an identity crisis.
>
>         enjoy,
>                 Andrew

the native MIPSpro 7.3 series of compilers (f77/cc) in 64 bit mode (
-64 flag )
on R10000/R12000 chips.

I don't see a configuration option to build GDB for a 64bit enviroment,
the default GDB build for IRIX6.5; 4.18/5.0 pukes, says
wrong DWARF version on a 64bit executable. I suppose I could try gcc
in 64 bit, but then f77 would be an issue for me.

--
somervil@cadvision.com