Re: GDB & FreeBSD

   From: "Daniel Berlin" <dan@cgsoftware.com>
   Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 13:17:16 -0400

   IMHO, yes.
   BTW, all you needed to do was take the patches from the FreeBSD cvs tree,
   and make a few small changes, and you'd be golden.
   I lost them when my HD crashed a few weeks ago, unfortunately.

   Also realize FreeBSD 4.0 is ELF, while 3.4 is a.out.

3.4 is defenitely ELF too (although support for a.out is still
included).  I based my work on the NetBSD port since I understand the
copyright status of the stuff in the FreeBSD tree isn't clear.  I also
added support for ELF core dumps, which I couldn't find in the FreeBSD
CVS tree (at least 3.4 didn't support it).

I'll check things in if I don't hear any objections in the next week.

Mark