Re: Multiple threads in one corefile on Linux--gdb support?

   Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 14:56:39 -0400
   From: "George T. Talbot" <george@moberg.com>

   I've done a kernel patch for Linux which dumps multiple threads
   into different corefiles named core.##### where ##### is the PID.
   I've been told that the ELF format'll support multiple register in
   a core file by having >1 PT_NOTE section.

   If I patch the kernel to dump the multiple register sets into a
   single core, will GDB with LinuxThreads support recognize the
   corefile without modification?

There's only one way to find out: try!

But I expect that it doesn't work without a modification at all.

Mark