Re: [RFA] Re: x86 linux GDB and SIGALRM

Mark Kettenis sez:

> I think I've found the bug that's causing the problem Jonathan was
> seeing.  This patch restores the behaviour of GDB 4.18.  GDB 4.18 was
> released before handle_inferior_event() was introduced.  At the point
> of the check_sigtramp2() call there was a "goto check_sigtramp2".
> Since in the old situation after the check_sigtramp2 code the
> keep_going label would be reached, I think that the we should call
> keep_going() here and return.

I agree.  I remember looking at that case when converting from wfi,
and convincing myself that the keep_going() wasn't necessary; but
there were a lot of control flow cases, and it's quite likely
that a previous mistake in the conversion process misled me.
(Are the giant printouts still on the wall in the Cygnus Sunnyvale
office?)

Note that since my mistake didn't cause any regressions in the GDB
testsuite, we really really need to add Jonathan's nice example
to the testsuite, so that we exercise this path regularly.

Stan