licensing issues

Hi,

I am developing replacement/enchancement for gdbserver. The major
difference is that it will allow to debug not only process on
the remote machine, but it also allows to debug an embedded system
attached to the remote machine, plus it has support for bigger
amount of recent quirks.

I have a question  related to GPL. I posted it earlier and I got no
response. I am posting it again in a hope that ones in the know,
would respond. I would like to allow a possibility to attach
debuggers with proprietary interfaces (e.g macraigor wiggler).

I would like to publish my work under GPL, however, it is unclear
to me whether my intention to allow proprietary stuff (in the form
of shared libs) in is in line with GPL. In my view it is: I put
.h file defining interface into public domain and there is no
need for anybody to use or link any other part of GPL'ed code in
proprietary library: there are only three callback functions, which
are passed as pointers through the API, and no data sharing.

Thanks,

Aleksey