Re: PATCH to buildsym.c

    Stan> I haven't been following the discussion as closely as I'd
    Stan> like, but I'm concerned that this change will break some
    Stan> expected behavior.  How do the test results look before and
    Stan> after?  How about with other than the latest GCC?

I get the same 178 failures with or without the change using EGCS 1.0.1.

I believe that GCC emitted this kind of thing for some time, but has
started to do so more frequently lately.

What expected behavior could be broken?  The only difference will be
that the debugger might show a different line number if there are two
line notes for the same PC.  What rationale justifies picking the one
with the highest number rather than the one the compiler emitted last?