Debugging threads on AIX 4.2/4.3

Can anyone tell me whether gdb (4.17.x or 4.18 or a recent snapshot) is able to
recognize and debug threads (Posix or otherwise) on AIX 4.2.x or AIX 4.3.x?  I'm
unable to find any description in the gdb documents (install or info) that
describe how gdb might be built to recognize threads, and haven't been able to
find any mention of it in these mailing lists.

Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.

Mark Harig
mharig@landmark.com