How do I examine the FPU/MMX registers?

Hello,

My apologies if this is a poor question.  I have made the obiligatory
search in the list archives for information.  Now to the crux of the
matter...

While debugging my MMX code in gdb, I've tried using 'info registers'
and 'info all-registers'.  No luck.  I've tried using 'info float',
but I get this:

   (gdb) info float
   No floating point info available for this processor.

gdb -version gives:

   GNU gdb 4.18
   GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
conditions.
details.
   This GDB was configured as "i386-mandrake-linux".

I'm using Mandrake Linux, 6.1 on a dual Pentium II.

Any thoughts here?  Is there a version of gdb I can download which
will "work" for me?  I noticed the recent conversations on this
(H. J. Lu, et al), is there a specially patched gdb for Linux/x86
I should get?

TIA,

Ryan Gustafson

=====