Pascal extensions for GDB

  I would like to submit a big patch for GDB adding
support for pascal language !

  I am one of the codeveloppers of Free Pascal
(a non GNU freeware pascal compiler)
for the need of our compiler we (Peter Vreman and myself)
wrote pascal extensions to GDB.
  Our current patch applies quite easily to
official GDB 4.18 for djgpp cygwin and i386 linux
(I never tried another CPU as at the moment only the i386 part of Free
Pascal is
being developed intensively and
as I have no other CPU available anyway,
but the patch has almost nothing processor specific !)

  Brief description of added features :
Features include :
- pascal expression parser (maybe incomplete)
- case unsensitive regexp patches
- language automatic for .p .pp .pas and .inc extensions
- support for pascal sets
- pascal string (FPC specific, with also printout of values of pointers to
pascal strings
as for C *char)

  I sent quite a long time ago a preliminary version of this patch to GPC
maintainers but got no
feedback, if some GPC developpers are in that list I would like to hear
from them !

  This patch is approx 750k long
so I do not send it directly now !

  Please give me some advices about what I should do !

  PS :
   FPC supports long double in 10 bytes instead of 12 like in C !
Is that supported with your current FPU patches ??

Pierre Muller
Institut Charles Sadron
6,rue Boussingault
F 67083 STRASBOURG CEDEX (France)
mailto:muller@ics.u-strasbg.fr
Phone : (33)-3-88-41-40-07  Fax : (33)-3-88-41-40-99