Re: Remote and CNTRL-C + X packet?

"J.T. Conklin" wrote:

> Andrew> Should the protocol specify that a CNTRL-C is
> Andrew> only valid outside of other packets (such as X).
>
> I'd recommend this.  Although I suspect that there are stubs that
> catch ^C in the interrupt handler used by the debug transport I/O
> device and forces target execution to halt regardless of whether
> it occurs inside or outside a packet.  This suggests that ^C is
> another character that should be quoted in binary memory writes.

Sigh, yes.  I'll document that CNTRL-C is A. deprecated and B. only
valid out side of other packets.
As an asside, quoting CNTRL-C is tricky.  The X packet's existing
mechanism adds rather than subtracts a bit.

Fixing this would probably occure at the same time that the protocol is
extended to include support for HOST->TARGET input packets (reverse of
the O packet).  CISCO already has a tacky implementation, recent
event-loop changes make a more general solution possible.

	thanks,
		Andrew