Re: IA32: printing FP register variables

  In message <np908ljwht.fsf@zwingli.cygnus.com>you write:

  > Hmm.  What other IA32 compilers produce STABS?  How do they number FP
  > registers?
Dunno.  Robert -- can you see what the SCO compilers do with this stuff?
That might be interesting.

  > If GDB can find the base of the FP stack reliably, using the method
  > that Ben Combee suggests, then we don't need LRS at all to describe
  > variables' homes.  If we simply number the FP registers relative to
  > the base of the FP stack, their names won't change as insns push and
  > pop FP values.
I'm not sure this is safe either.  Consider what happens at basic block
boundaries to the regstack.   I believe variables location relative to
the bottom of the stack can change at a basic block boundary.
jeff