Re: breakpoint extension for remote protocol, take II

> I've had some time to refine my break/watchpoint extensions, and have
> come up with this revised proposal.
>
>         Request         Packet

>         reply           OK      for success.
>                         ENN     for an error.

J.T.

Have you considered what to do when there is a choice of software
breakpoints?
Jim Ingham's pointed out to me that in the case of the MIPS/MIPS16 and
ARM/THUMB the breakpoint might be 2 bytes or 4 bytes in size (and the
value different in each case).

For such targets, always sending the length would be easiest.  Can any
one see problems with sending the length regardless?

	enjoy,
		Andrew