Re: gdb-19990209 on sparc-2.5.1

   Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:37:44 +0100
   From: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de>

   Stan Shebs wrote:
   > No.  4.17.86 is similar to 19990209, but comes from a branch that was
   > sprouted from the trunk on 15 Feb, and includes a bunch of little
   > fixes that were done as part of the pre-release testing process.
   > 19990209 is derived from the repository trunk by whacking out
   > Cygnus-only bits.  You should see fewer problems with 4.17.86.
   [...]
   > Try 4.17.86 instead - I remember something about a configuration
   > problem in opcodes in a snapshot, that might be the one.

   Ok. I did that, and it does indeed build properly. The warnings
   are still there, though. Do you accept any patches fixing the
   warnings?

Sure, but not for 4.18, it's time to get it into users' hands.

Fortunately, this isn't going to be the last GDB release ever :-), so
it's still worthwhile to make all the warnings go away.  Andrew C.
has been bashing many of them, but there are lots left...

							Stan