Re: [srikanth@cup.hp.com: GDB questions]

>>>>> "Stan" == Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com> writes:
Stan> OK, who wants to speak to save bcache? -s

Hmm,

Perhaps I'm misremembering things, but wasn't bcashe added to handle
cases where huge number of duplicate symbols (enum definitions in
header files that were included in every object, etc).  I seem to
remember that we were addressing scaling issues in the toolchain (gdb
and ld in particular) with 100MB+ executables in the '95 timeframe
when the bcache module was added.

If this is the case, perhaps we need to do Srikanth's memory usage
tests with one of those executables.

	--jtc

--
J.T. Conklin