Re: keeping commands out of the history

> Well, when I say hooks, I mean hooks in emacs; I'm not sure if that was clear.
> As far as gdb knows, they're normal commands.

Ah.

I'm not too familiar with the emacs/GDB hookup but I assume it involves
GDB's stdin being fed by emacs, or else you wouldn't have this problem.

The second input argument to command_line_input() (see gdb/top.c) is nonzero
to enable the return-repeat machinery. In 4.17 there is no set/show option.

You could define an escape sequence to be sent by emacs at the start of the
command, and slip some code into command_line_input() that searches for the
sequence, and if found deletes it while clearing the 'repeat' argument. That
would enable your emacs machinery to 'hide' any command that it wanted.

--
Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ wrs.com