Re: Name Mangling from Solaris CC

    Guenther> Well, I did an uname -a to show that I am running Solaris 2.5.1
    Guenther> :-) Looks like this function didn't exist in Solaris 2.4 then :-)
    Guenther> The we need to add a compile time flag to enable this feature
    Guenther> only on Solaris 2.5.1 and higher.

I found it after some digging.  Our SA did not install things in the typical
location so none of this is on my path.  Our makefiles explicitly point to what
we need.

In any event, in SUNWspro/SC4.2/include/CC I found demangle.h.  The man page is
elsewhere in the same tree.  And I agree, this should be simple to implement.
The problem is that gdb uses cplus_demangle as the top-level function name for
all of its supported forms of demangling.  The interface to this function is,
of course, not the same as the one provided by Sun.  Since gdb is compiled as a
c program (not c++) you cannot overload the function.  This will require some
fancy footwork to workaround, no?

(Please reply to me directly since I am not on the list)

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com