Re: remote/2474: target extended-remote with --multi does not workon MIPS

The following reply was made to PR remote/2474; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
To: dgraham@nortel.com
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: remote/2474: target extended-remote with --multi does not work
	on MIPS
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:58:59 -0400

 On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 01:20:54AM -0000, dgraham@nortel.com wrote:
 > When gdbserver is started with --multi on a MIPS target,
 > and a MIPS targetted GDB is connected to the server with
 > "target extended-remote <ip>:<port>", the extended-remote
 > command fails, and I think drops back to non-extended mode.
 > The reason appears to be that GDB is attempting to fetch
 > the MIPS registers, but there is not yet any live process
 > on the target to fetch the registers from.  Here is the packet
 > exchange:

 Thanks for the report.  This is definitely a bug; the register check
 shouldn't be done when no process is running.  Unfortunately it is a
 little tricky to fix... until the ? packet is sent, we do not know if
 the process is running yet.  But until we have a description, we can
 not fully parse the reply to ?.

 --
 Daniel Jacobowitz
 CodeSourcery