c++/2436: Bogus "warning: can't find linker symbol for virtual table for 'Foo' value" messages

>Number:         2436
>Category:       c++
>Synopsis:       Bogus "warning: can't find linker symbol for virtual table for 'Foo' value" messages
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Mar 26 23:28:01 UTC 2008
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     vz-gdb@zeitlins.org
>Release:        6.7.1-debian
gdb gives extremely annoying error messages like this:

(gdb) p child
$1 = (warning: can't find linker symbol for virtual table for `wxWindow' value
warning: can't find linker symbol for virtual table for `wxWindow' value
class wxWindow *) 0x7b35b0

when the "vtable for wxWindow" symbol is in a shared library used by the application and not the main executable itself.
In spite of the warning, you can work with the value just fine (e.g. dereference and print it). I don't know if the warning indicates any other deep problems but if not, it would be great if this warning could just be suppressed.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. My main system uses gdb 6.4.90-debian, but the problem is exactly the same with 6.7.1-debian
>How-To-Repeat:
I don't provide a test case because this would require several files (shared library defining a class with virtual functions, application using it, makefile, ...) while normally any existing case like this should result in those warnings. But if you can't reproduce the problem please let me know and I'll try to work on a test case. Thanks!