Re: gdb/2117: printing a structure pointer gives "{<no data fields>}"

The following reply was made to PR gdb/2117; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
To: gdb@fierke.net
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/2117: printing a structure pointer gives "{<no data fields>}"
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:10:32 -0400

 On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 08:03:22PM -0000, gdb@fierke.net wrote:
 > >Release:        5.0

 Is that really true?  Are you using GDB 5.0?  Check the startup
 message.

 What compiler are you using?  GCC, or Sun's?

 > Ever since we migrated to new servers and new GDB (Old version was
 > 4.16, sparc-sun-solaris2.6), I have not been able to retrieve the
 > values from any structures.  Now, all I get when I do 'p *ordrec' is
 > {<no data fields>}.  This is maddening!!  I'm sure I'm overlooking a
 > very simple item (hopefully).  This machine and gdb were configured
 > by our unix admin group, but I think they did a plain-vanilla install
 > for GDB.  Heck, I'm not sure if I would know exactly how to install
 > it correctly.

 If you are really using GDB 5.0, it's quite likely that this has been
 fixed since.  That release is almost six years old.  Please, upgrade
 and try again.

 --
 Daniel Jacobowitz
 CodeSourcery