Re: backtrace/2024: backtrace fails when function ends with callto abort

The following reply was made to PR backtrace/2024; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: James E Wilson <wilson@specifix.com>
To: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: backtrace/2024: backtrace fails when function ends with call
 to abort
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 19:33:13 -0800

 I'm getting different results in gdb.mi everytime I run the gdb
 testsuite both with and without the patch.  Ignoring that, the only
 difference is that I get
   FAIL: gdb.base/corefile.exp: print func2::coremaker_local
 without the patch, but not with the patch.  Looking at gdb.log, I see
 that this is the same bug I am trying to fix.  Without the patch it says
   print func2::coremaker_local
   Could not find the frame base for "func2".
 with the patch it says
   print func2::coremaker_local
   $4 = {0, 1, 2, 3, 4}

 This is on an x86_64-linux box, using gdb mainline last updated Oct 27,
 and a gcc mainline build from Oct 19, because I already a convenient
 installed copy of it.
 --

 Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com