Re: gdb/1727: gdb fails to find sources compiled with relative paths when symbols are loaded on demand (psymtab bug)

The following reply was made to PR gdb/1727; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Baurjan Ismagulov <ibr@ata.cs.hun.edu.tr>
To: Salvador Eduardo Tropea <salvador@inti.gov.ar>
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/1727: gdb fails to find sources compiled with relative paths when symbols are loaded on demand (psymtab bug)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:00:06 +0200

 Hello,

 I failed to find an archive for this list, could anyone please point me
 at one?

 On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 01:35:11PM -0300, Salvador Eduardo Tropea wrote:
 > According to Changelog this patch was the last applied before 6.2 release.
 > So I think this bug is present only for versions < 6.2.
 > I tried CVS code for 20040824 and I can?t reproduce the problem.

 The patch was applied to HEAD only; at least versions in ]5.3, 6.2]
 should have the bug.

 However, I'm not sure that we talk about the same bug; my problem was
 absolute paths, not relative ones. I checked 39 different file name /
 path combinations; the patch seems to correct the absolute path case
 only (whereas relative paths should actually work before and after
 patch).

 With kind regards,
 Baurjan.