Re: build/1592: HP-UX compilation produces mbrtowc undeclared error

The following reply was made to PR build/1592; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: mec.gnu@mindspring.com (Michael Elizabeth Chastain)
To: Panagiotis.Kavalagios@eurodyn.com
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: build/1592: HP-UX compilation produces mbrtowc undeclared error
Date: Thu,  1 Apr 2004 15:28:53 -0500 (EST)

 Dear Panagiotis,

 Thanks for confirming this and running the test suite, too.
 Fortunately I have a big mailbox.  :)

 The test suite is sensitive to the compiler that you use to
 build the test programs.  I test with the HP native compilers,
 and you are testing with gcc 3.3.3.  That's great; I need to
 start testing with this compiler too.

 Here's a side-by-side comparison:

 				  you        me
                                   gcc 3.3.3  hpcc/hpacc

   # of ERROR                      12         51
   # of WARNING                    8          5
   # of expected passes            9332       9073
   # of unexpected failures        504        852
   # of unexpected successes       6          4
   # of expected failures          62         139
   # of known failures             21         28
   # of unresolved testcases       9          49
   # of untested testcases         4          5
   # of unsupported tests          12         16

 Many of the non-PASS results are bugs with calling functions
 directly with gdb.  That has been fixed in recent versions of
 gdb and the fix is likely to make it into 6.1.

 These numbers are healthy enough to release 6.1.

 Anyways, the build failure is definitely fixed, so I will close
 this PR now.  Thanks for testing gdb 6.0.91.

 Michael C
 GDB QA Guy