gdb/1336: -Wformat-nonliteral vs valprint.c - use format methods?

>Number:         1336
>Category:       gdb
>Synopsis:       -Wformat-nonliteral vs valprint.c - use format methods?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          maintenance
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Sat Aug 16 18:08:00 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     ac131313@redhat.com
>Release:        unknown-1.0
>Environment:

valprint.c doesn't get on well with -Wformat-nonliteral.  The problem is comming from the language vector returning full or partial format strings and then using them as printf format parameters.

This will take something of an overhaul to fix.  I guess, instead of the format strings, LONGEST / DOUBLEST stringify methods could be used.  Something along the lines of paddr() et.al.?

Note that there is also a PR to add a format / print address method.