Re: gdb/59: static members in a base class confuse gdb

The following reply was made to PR gdb/59; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Juergen.Lindemeyer@t-online.de (Juergen Lindemeyer)
To: nobody@sources.redhat.com, jdboyer@mediatrix.com,
 	gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com, gdb-prs@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/59: static members in a base class confuse gdb
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:01:30 +0200

 http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=59

 Hi everybody,

 I don't know, who will receive this eMail (because I am unfamilar with
 this bug-tracking-system ...) so please be patient with me.

 It seams, that I have the same error (as gdb/59) on my box. I have the
 error with version 5.0 and version 5.2.1 (downloaded today). I also have
 seen the error-report gdb/709 that seams to be similar. I am very much
 interested in a fix for this problem. I also would like to know, if the
 other error is the same. I tried to patch my 5.2.1 with the given fix
 for 709, but that didn't change a thing (maybe this was a little dirty
 ... but I tried).

 Does anybody know, how I can reach "drow" who seams to be fixing 709.

 This problem is really very nasty and makes debugging very difficult for
 me.

 Best regards,

 /juergen

 --