This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/3] Support for x86 segments as address classes
- From: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 14:34:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] Support for x86 segments as address classes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1446558190-13482-1-git-send-email-rth at redhat dot com>
Richard Henderson wrote:
> The following gets 90% of the way there, but I'm stuck --
> address_to_pointer and pointer_to_address do not appear to
> have access to a regcache. And not just in the one level
> of the caller, but significantly farther back in the call
> stack too.
> Which begs the question of whether I've simply missed
> something in how to get hold of the current regcache?
I don't know the answer to your questions, but thanks for
doing this; I can write better libpthread Infinity notes
for glibc with this. (I tried adding this support myself
a month or so back but got stuck way earlier than you!)