This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 03/18] attach + target always in non-stop mode: stop all threads
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 09:33:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 03/18] attach + target always in non-stop mode: stop all threads
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1444836486-25679-1-git-send-email-palves at redhat dot com> <1444836486-25679-4-git-send-email-palves at redhat dot com> <86r3ki0vzy dot fsf at gmail dot com> <565357B1 dot 4070805 at redhat dot com> <86oaegwxhk dot fsf at gmail dot com> <565731F7 dot 3010203 at redhat dot com>
Pedro Alves <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> But this the GDB thread id. If a new thread recycles an old pid/tid, it'll
> still get a new GDB thread id. (And if GDB thread ids wrap around we have
> bigger problems elsewhere, which I think we'd likely sort by simply making
> gdb thread ids 64-bit instead).
Oh, we compare thread->num, which is the thread id in GDB. I thought we
compare process/thread id. Sorry about that. Patch is good to me.